Fall Home Maintenance
Feel that nip in the air? Yeah, not much...yet! However, it's the perfect time to prep for the cooler months to keep your home in peak condition and save yourself costly future repairs.
- Clean gutters and downspouts regularly to avoid clogging and exterior damage.
- Check for and repair broken or missing shingles. November marks the beginning of Southern California’s rainy season.
- Make sure your attic and crawlspaces have adequate insulation.
- Change your air filters monthly, or according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Schedule to have a professional inspect and clean your chimney before your first use of the season.
- Check for drafts around doors and windows by closing on a strip of paper - update weatherstripping if the paper slides out easily.
- Inspect your smoke and CO detectors - test alarm, check batteries and expiration dates.